Sandra Foweraker has practiced general litigation with a focus on commercial litigation for over 25 years.
Ms. Foweraker is an Associate Counsel with the firm. She was a partner at Hordo & Bennett before joining Bob Cooper Q.C. at Cooper Litigation in 2014. Ms. Foweraker has experience in a broad variety of commercial disputes including partnership and shareholder disputes, as well as professional negligence, administrative law, professional regulation and governance, and employment law. She also has advised clients in product liability and serious personal injury cases. Ms. Foweraker has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia and acts as counsel in domestic and international arbitrations. Much of her work is with clients who want to achieve confidential solutions. Clients value her attention to detail and her ability to organize and manage complex cases.
Ms. Foweraker’s academic and other distinctions include law clerk at the Supreme Court of Canada to Mr. Justice McIntyre and then to Madam Justice McLachlin. Sandra was a Law Foundation Scholar for three years at the University of Victoria law school and was awarded a prestigious Commonwealth Scholarship to study at Cambridge University, where she received a Masters degree in International Law with first class honours. Benchmark Canada has recognized Ms. Foweraker as a “Litigation Star”.
Outside of the practice of law, Ms. Foweraker is an accomplished athlete. She has competed in the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii several times, and has completed numerous marathons and multi-day cycling stage races in North America and Europe.
- Acted for Vancouver technology company in two international arbitration proceedings commenced by foreign service provider. Successfully raised jurisdictional defence resulting in dismissal of claims.
- Acted for partner in commercial arbitration for division of domestic and international partnership business and real estate assets.
- Acted for Vancouver and International companies in commercial arbitration commenced by foreign joint venture partner over provision of services, licensing of technology, and division of revenues.
- LLM, Cambridge University (1991)
- LLB, University of Victoria (1988)
- BA, University of Victoria (1985)
- Corporate/commercial litigation
- Real property litigation
- Employment law disputes
- Defamation claims and defence
- Professional negligence
- Estate litigation
- Entertainment law disputes
- British Columbia, 1990
- Canadian Bar Association
- Vancouver Bar Association