Abbas Sabur is experienced in a wide variety of corporate, commercial and civil disputes.
Ms. Lo joined the firm in 2020 following ten years of private practice as a barrister in Hong Kong. She brings to the firm experience and expertise in white-collar criminal matters, particularly those involving charges of fraud, money laundering, corruption and securities investigations. Her civil litigation practice in Hong Kong encompassed contractual disputes and matters requiring applications for mareva injunctions. Ms. Lo appeared before all levels of court in Hong Kong, as both defending and prosecuting counsel.
During her tenure in Hong Kong, Ms. Lo was active with legal education as both a guest speaker and mock trial judge at various universities. Since 2018, Ms. Lo has continued to volunteer as a mentor for overseas-trained lawyers returning to British Columbia.
In addition to complementing the firm’s bench strength in the areas of corporate fraud and securities claims, Ms. Lo will engage in general civil litigation practice with a focus on corporate and commercial law, shareholder disputes, creditor-debtor remedies, contractual disputes, and matrimonial property law.
Ms. Lo is fluent in both Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese.
- University of British Columbia, Faculty of Commerce: BCom (Honours), 2004
- Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester Law School: GDL/CPE, 2006
- The University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Law: PCLL, 2008
- Called to the Hong Kong Bar, 2009
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2020
- Corporate/commercial litigation
- Real Estate disputes
- Matrimonial property law
- Fraud and conspiracy claims